Re: [TCLUG:19847] Two webservers on one machine?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Yaron wrote:

> > I'm going to be starting my own website on my own webserver soon. My
> > question to you is this: can I run two webservers on one machine, refering
> > to different virtual servers?
>
> If you can get different IP addresses, you can get Apache to listen to a
> specific one. No idea about the AOL server.

Would I need two network cards for this?

I was reading this hosting company's website which was explaining one of
the great things about their service is that each virtual host gets a
differnt IP address, so if one of the customers on the same machine was
shut down for spamming or something, you wouldn't be affected.

Hmm...

Luke