Re: [TCLUG:19869] Re: tclug-list Digest 12 Jul 2000 18:03:00 -0000Issue 662

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Benjamin Exley wrote:

> On another note, has anyone had any success getting Novell
> networking (ncp) working on Debian? I got IPX working (I think) but I
> keep getting segmentation faults when trying to mount, print, etc...
> I think that the utility nwsfind is what's seg faulting, but I don't know
> why.

At work I use a Linux box as a client on our Netware 5 server. Here's my
setup: my /etc/ipx.conf has IPX_AUTO_PRIMARY and IPX_AUTO_INTERFACE set to
on. In my home directory I have a .nwclient file that contains our server
name and my user/pass for it.

To mount the server:
$ ncpmount ~/mnt/minn
where ~/mnt/minn is the mount point I use

To list print queues:
$ pqlist
with no options, it grabs the first server in ~/.nwclient

To print to a queue on the server:
$ nprint -q QUEUENAME file-to-print

The nprint command does give me a segfault when no queue is specified.
Dunno if that helps.

You can check whether IPX is actually configured with 'ifconfig'. It
should have one or more lines beginning with "IPX/Ethernet" with a
protocol and address following.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock