Re: [TCLUG:19894] SSH Working. Thanks!

I have never had to have sshd:ALL in my hosts.allow either, before today. I
will give you access to my box if you want to check it out for yourself.

While editing my hosts.allow I remove the last line sshd:all and the newline.
I save the file, and without restart inetd or sshd or anything, I try to ssh
into the box. I get ssh_exchange_identification error.

I then add sshd: ALL to the hosts.allow file that I am still editing, without
the newline at the end I save the file, without restarting any services I try
to ssh into the box, same error

I add a newline to the end of sshd: ALL in the hosts.allow that I still have
open in an editor, and save without exiting. I dont restart any services
again, and try to ssh into the box. It works.

If it isnt suppose to do that, I dont know how to fix it. I am no Linux god
yet.