Re: [TCLUG:19905] show all installed rpms

> > > someone to please tell me how to do a little rpm trickery and get a list of all
> > > currently installed rpms on a machine.  I checked out the rpm manpage, but it

Neat RPM tricks to know:

rpm -qa              # What you're asking for
rpm -ql packagename  # List files owned by an installed package
rpm -qpl package.rpm # List files in a given RPM
rpm -qf file/dir     # Find out what that mysterious file belongs to...
rpm -Va              # Verify all packages. Good for discovering what to
fix if you fsck up file permissions... *innocent look*