Re: [TCLUG:19925] free repartition utility?

To avoid partition, there's the umsdos filesystem. You'll take a
performance hit, and do some funky dos bat files to boot the thing, but
it works. On the other hand, in the world of big cheap hard disks, this
is kinda obselete.

fips works for repartitioning. It's been so long that I couldn't begin
to tell you how to use it. The linux version of fdisk can do it too. I
have no freaking idea how my college roomate did it, or how he figured
it out.

Personally, when ever I have to repartition I pull out Partition Magic
(searches personal archives...where did it go) Yes, it runs under
windows, but it's easy to use, and I've never had it botch a partition.
The worst thing it's done is hose lilo, which is expected. Always have a
rescue disk on hand when repartitioning or installing winders.

--
        \\\|///
      \\  - -  //
       (  @ @ )
----oOOo--(_)-oOOo--------------------------------------------
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132
21801 Industrial Blvd       | (FX)  763-428-9126
Rogers, MN  55374           | (PCS) 612-306-6055
---------------Ooooo------------------------------------------
               (   )
      ooooO     ) /
      (   )    (_/
       \ (
        \_)
begin:vcard
n:Zbikowski;Andy
tel;cell:612-306-6055
tel;fax:763-428-9126
tel;home:763-591-0977
tel;work:(763)-428-9119 (ex.132)
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ltiflex.com
org:LTI Flexible Products
adr:;;21801 Industrial Blvd;Rogers;MN;55374;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:andyzb@ltiflex.com
title:System Administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;18528