Re: [TCLUG:18338] openssh upgrade...

Callum Lerwick <lerwick@tcfreenet.org> writes:

> > > rpm --freshen works real good too.
> >
> > yeah, that is, do
> >         rpm -Fvh
> > instead of
> >         rpm -Uvh
>
> Hmmm. So I'm assuming -F only install/update the package if its already
> installed? Whupass. Ya know, RPM isn't as well documented as it could
> be. At least in its man page. :P

This is an option that isn't included on all setups though.  That's probably
why it's not in the man page.  You need an add-on script for it.  Seems RedHat
distributions have it, but SuSE doesn't, so I went out an grabed the script
and put it in a place that rpm would find it.  There really are a lot
possibilities to customize rpm too.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe