Re: [TCLUG:18474] Internet to your Sailboat (was: mp3 pirate)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 andy@theasis.com wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Andrew S. Zbikowski wrote:
> >
> > "[If you figure out internet access from your sailboat] you can take a
> > big box, fill it with lots of MP3s and run the world's first real pirate
> > MP3 server..."
>
> OK, so what options are there for internet access from your sailboat?

Wait!  Don't forget that there is a symlink from /dev/sailboat to
/dev/null.  You're supposed to go out on a boat to get *away* from
things!  And you should either be busy sailing or paying attention to your
companion(s) -- if you're going to be solitarily on the net, there are
better places than sitting alone in a puddle!

But, I bet you could do the net's first netcast fishing show (god, that's
an unfortunate word in this context.)  Can you get a data output from a
fish finder?  I bet you could sell some pretty big advertising on a
webcast (that's better) -- and your audience would probably be pretty
huge -- think of all the people watching web fishing at work when the boss
isn't looking...

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math