Re: [TCLUG:18386] XFree86 4.0 servers

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 06:34:58AM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Note as far as ATI goes:
>
> All chips supported in 3.3.6 are supported in 4.0 except for Mach8
> and some old Mach32 chips. The support in 4.0 is, however,
> unaccelerated for all chips except the Rage 128.
>
> This suprises me, as common as ATI cards are... I can't live without
> acceleration. ;)

I sorry, but this doesn't surprise me in the least.  ATI has never
been forthcoming with their card specs, and I doubt they ever will be.
Perhaps in three or four years when Linux lives on a much larger
market share will they start turning their heads.  ATI sucks anyway.
I've never been impressed with their cards.  When 3dfx stepped onto
the block, ATI was but in a long dark shadow they can't seem to crawl
out from behind.

I'm not bitter.  Really. <blink, blink>

--
  Chad "^chewie, gunnarr" Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>