Re: [TCLUG:18863] Mandrake 7.1

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:32:39 -0500
> From: Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy@veldy.net>
> To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
> Subject: Re: [TCLUG:18863] Mandrake 7.1
>
> How do you boot ReiserFS from LILO?
>
> SUSE claims that it is not yet bootable because LILO does not support
> ReiserFS.

Lilo can boot from any filesystem, known or not.  Lilo uses a list of blocks
kept in a known location, and reads from the blocks, not from the
filesystem.  I hate to call SuSE incorrect, but LILO could potentially load
a kernel from NTFS, provided you can get a proper list of blocks ;)

For the sake of trying, I suppose I could try putting a kernel in my
reiserfs partition (I have a tiny ext2 partition because my BIOS is too old
for >1024 cyl's)

-David