Re: [TCLUG:18900] Sparc Linux 2.2.16 and NFS

Bob Tanner wrote:

> After upgrading to Sparc Linux 2.2.16 NFS is failing.
>
> Jun 13 23:13:10 linux rpc.nfsd: nfssvc: Function not implemented
>
> NFS works fine, but I think that is because I compiled NFS into the kernel, if
> that is the case, then you don't need nfsd right?

<confused>So is NFS working?</confused>

It sounds like you can mount other nfs filesystems from the sparc
machine, right? But nfsd isn't running so you can't mount sparclinux
filesystems from other machines. Be sure you selected nfsv3 server into
your kernel. And yes, nfsd should be running. (as well as portmapper and
mountd)

To see if your machine is listening to nfs requests, do a 'rpcinfo -u
<machinename> nfs' from a remote machine or 'rpcinfo -p' locally.

On a related note, I have been running the latest kernel with NFS
version 3 support with no problems. So it looks like when the 2.4
kernels are "stable" that nfsv3 might be as well.

--
Clay Fandre
Twin Cities Linux Users Group