Re: [TCLUG:19127] SSH Clients

Peter Lukas <peter@math.umn.edu> wrote
>Universities and non-profit orgs are exempt from the patent and copyright
>issues in SSH (and SSH2).

>Peter Lukas

Er, are you absolutely sure about this? I don't mean to doubt you, but SSH
is a frequent topic at the netpeople meetings, and this has never come up.
SSH is highly recommended by NTS, but they've been clear in saying that
the patented versions are still illegal to use here. If they're incorrect,
I'm sure we'd all be thrilled to know we can go with the patented versions
and be legal. We do have a site licence for the commercial version
(http://www1.umn.edu/adcs/site/list.html)

Can you post some links about who's legal to use the patented versions?

(sorry for the slow response, I'm on digest...)

Karen Swanberg              |
Network Admin.              | Error: Sector not found--
Dept. of Geology/Geophysics |search behind couch? (Y/N)
206 Pillsbury Hall          |
310 Pillsbury Ave. SE       |
University of Mn            |  Enter any 11-digit prime
Minneapolis, MN 55455       |     number to continue...
(612) 624-6541              |