Re: [TCLUG:19192] [OT] snazzy HTML forms

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> Is there a way to make an HTML form look like a normal link? I have a
> one-button, no input "form," but I don't want the clunky "Submit" button.
> Alternatively, is there a way to put the submit button in-line with other
> text?

The only way to do this is by using the GET method. Then you can append
the variables and their values on to the end of the link:

a link</a>

There is a limit to the amount of information that can be transmitted this
way. It is server-dependant, and I have *never* seen hard figures.

There is no way to submit a POSTed form by clicking on a link -- which in
my opinion, is one of the main problems with maintaining state on the web.

Luke