Re: [TCLUG:19374] Question On Internet with Linux Mandrake 6.5

The cards MediaOne are giving out are Asante 10/100 cards - which are
compatible with the tulip driver in kernels 2.2.14 and newer.  You can
steal the tulip.c kernel from a later kernel for use in an earlier kernel
if need be.  Mandrake 6.5 is certainly not new enough to contain the
required kernel.

Under FreeBSD (in case you are interested), the same card will use the mx
driver under 3.6-RELEASE and it will use the dc driver under 4.0-RELEASE.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net