Re: [TCLUG:14127] temporary host reroute?

> 	To me, this looks like a job for a Virtual Private Network.  I'm
> guessing you could accomplish what you wanted if you had a secure tunnel

Is there particular vpn software that you can recommend?  I
experiemented with something called vpnd by Andreas Steinmetz with
some success, but I had some strange problems with my firewalls while
using it, and it seemed VERY slow.  I now think the firewall problems
were probably unrelated to the vpn, but the speed is still an issue.
I was getting throughput of about .25 Mb/sec on a 10MB ethernet.
So I'm wondering in general what are the options for vpns on Linux.

--Mark

Mark Phillips @ Geometry Technologies, Inc.
550 Gilbert Building, 413 Wacouta St., St. Paul, MN 55101
Phone: 651-223-2884  Fax: 651-292-0014
mbp@geomtech.com       http://www.geomtech.com