Gnucash and libguile

Hi everyone,

I've been continuing to try to get Gnucash installed on my Mandrake 7.0
system. Trying to compile it for myself and looking at the long list of
required packages caused me to recall how convenient RPMs can be.
Unfortunately, attempting an RPM install of the latest version produces:

[root@beethoven wilson]# rpm -ivh gnucash-1.3.0-1.i386.rpm
error: failed dependencies:
	libguile.so.4 is needed by gnucash-1.3.0-1

My Mandrake install has libguile installed, except that it's libguile.so.6
not libguile.so.4. This is apparently not good enough for Gnucash. Doing
an rpm -ivh --nodeps gives the following when I try to run gnucash:

[root@beethoven wilson]# gnucash
gnucash: error in loading shared libraries: libguile.so.4: cannot open

Presumably, "rolling my own" would take care of the incompatibility
between the shared libraries. Is this the best solution? Is it likely that
I could rebuild the source RPM and get it to work? Thanks for any
suggestions.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/