Re: [TCLUG:14215] using OpenSSH

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 12:57:21PM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to do some X forwarding over an OpenSSH channel.  When I
> log in (regular password, not RSA) and try to start some X-based app.
> I get an error message that indicates that I'm using the wrong
> authentication method.  I think I've read all of the SSH docs, but
> I've never heard of X forwarding being dependent on the authentication
> method that was used.  Is this familiar to anyone?

	This message prompted me to go get the latest version of
OpenSSH.  I discovered, much to my horror, that they've BSDified it so
badly it's nearly impossible to get it to compile and run on a Linux
box.  :-(

	Time for someone else to start with an old version of ssh and
fix it.  *sigh*

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature