Re: [TCLUG:14190] One of my best upgrades ever!

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> > You could always lose the fans and put your stuff in a modified antique
> > icebox.  Use CO2 (Dry Ice) as it's colder and less prone to drip on the
> > computer.  Gaskets in the hole you drill to pass power / cables don't have
> > to be too tight to maintain temp diff...
>
> How about submerging the whole deal in mineral oil. Cray 2 anyone?
>
> http://www.accsdata.com/drffreeze/

Well, you could, but I was trying to suggest something with tongue only
half in cheek.  Dry ice is not that much at a welding supply place, and
for that matter you could put it in a campling cooler.  Besides, then you
can make your cool mad scientist foggy laboratory fx. <g>

Phil M

--
Life is complex:
It has real and imaginary components.