Re: [TCLUG:14364] Bootable Business Card 1.2 iso image

On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 07:47:49PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> I have put the bootable business card 1.2 iso image here:
>
> http://www.mn-linux.org/tanner/
>
> It's gzipped, which reduced the size down by 1Mb.
>
> PLEASE note this is a 46Mb download, gzipped it's still 45Mb!

	The BBC is a gzip compressed filesystem, and that's why it isn't
compressing down very much more.

	Try using bzip2 -9.  I've noticed that bzip2 can often get large
files to about half the size of gzip.  I've even noticed that bzip2 can
often compress things that have already been compressed with gzip.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature