Re: [TCLUG:14356] GPL Exchange (IMAP?) mail client?

On Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 07:22:19AM -0600, Jon Schewe wrote:
>I looked at the web page and it seems they only plan to support POP3 or their
>special server when they're done.  I think a better solution would be to get
>IMAP4 support in and then you can get at all of the folders on the exchange
>server pretty easily without having to download all of the messages.  This is
>how I read work mail from home, login to work via ssh and then start up pine
>and point it at the exchange server.  Only thing I'm missing is the global and
>personal addressbooks from my Outlook and some of the fancy formatting things.

Currently it supports pop3, but will include IMAP, and Exchange support when
officially reaeased. Looks like it will be pretty good. If they add some more
stuff, I could ditch windows forever. I would like the Star Office crew to
make some additions. While at work I use Star Office all the time to keep
track of contacts, meeting, to-do lists etc. It's great! But the "Address
Book" could use a little work. Right now it's nothing more than a spreadsheet
form. If the address was a little better formatted and it would all sync with
my visor I would be a happy camper.
--
Ben Lutgens  System / Network Administrator CS Solutions Inc
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn

checking for mass_quantities_of_bass_ale in -lFridge... no
checking for mass_quantities_of_any_ale in -lFridge... no
Warning: No ales were found in your refrigerator.
  We highly suggest that you rectify this situation immediately.