Gnome Bonobo

I should ask those of you that were successful in getting Evolution (the
in-development Gnome mail/calendar/blah suite) how you managed to do
it.  I tend to not have great luck with compiling things, and when I
finally got Evolution to compile (took a fair bit of symlinking and
mucking about), I was greeted with a mere shell of a program -- none of
the Bonobo components were in the program.  The same thing happened to
me when I tried Nautilus (the new filemanager that should replace Gnome
Midnight Commander)

Anyway, I'm just curious if you guys have any hints.  I should point out
that one of my main problems tends to be that I usually don't put in
'--prefix=/usr' when I compile things, so the compiled stuff ends up in
/usr/local.  However, this seems to cause a lot of problems, since many
programs can't seem to find anything in /usr/local..

Oh well, maybe I'll just have to go through, remove all my Gnome RPMS
and compile everything some day (or week..  It'll probably take more
than a day..)

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Protect Your Rights:
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   http://gnu.org/philosophy/