Re: [TCLUG:14977] pseudo static ip

I have a routed 8 block from Visi, as well. It's so static, some of them are
registered as DNS servers.
:)

Gotta love static :)

Troy Johnson <john1536@tc.umn.edu>
03/21/2000 05:11 PM GMT
Please respond to tclug-list@mn-linux.org

To:   tclug-list@mn-linux.org
cc:    (bcc: Wade A. Harding)
Subject:  Re: [TCLUG:14977] pseudo static ip

Cool! So, is Visi the one who would give you the static IPs in your
situation? I am curious because I am looking into possibly getting this
after I move. Is the "static" IP address they talk about here really
static, or is it "really close to static"? I really want to know what I
would be buying for the extra $14.00 a month.

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:

> I certainly know about them - that is exactly what I use!  I actually have a
> netblock from them, not just a single IP address.  The original posting
> suggested the USWest gave out a static IP, and that, I don't believe is
> true, unless you get a business account with USWest.net.
>
> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy@veldy.net

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has
never been a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable
are arbitrary, cruel, grasping and unintelligent.
     -- H. L. Mencken