Problems with XFree86

After installing XFree86 from binaries using the Xinstall.sh script I
tried to configure it by running:
XFree86 -configure
At that point it says:
Could not load shared library file for Glide: "libglide2x.so"
and quits.

It is my understanding that the libglide2x.so is only for 3dfx graphics
cards, but I am running the intel 810e chipset. Where do I go from here?

Justin Coyne <jcoyne@software.umn.edu>

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of
the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by
violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison