Re: [TCLUG:15379] Computers that save long distance relationships.

Open air cases are a Bad Thing(tm).  The main benefit of a case is to help
shield other equipment from the radio interference your system creates, with
a secondary purpose of shielding your equipment from the radio interference
generated by other equipment.

I have to heartily recommend Tran Micro.  They are friendly, and have good
prices, and they forced GN to lower prices when they setup shop.  I got my
current case, an Inwin tower with 300W PS, and lots of drive bays, and a
large hanging drive cage there.  You do have to buy your fans separate, but the case has mounting for three.  They are usually happy to order stuff for you,
but they do not carry, for example, SCSI drives.  I wish they carried the
tulip or eepro NICs, but they don't.  Every time I go there, they are crowded,
but they still manage to take care of everybody.  And you can actually see the
merchandise, rather than it being hidden away.  And one more thing, if you see
a SCSI drive on ebay, and it is cheap, but you don't want to bid because it is
an SCA drive, they carry the adaptors.

Just my $0.02.

-Chris