Re: [TCLUG:15409] Orb scsi drives

> > Han anybody got experience or insite into the quality / dependability of
> > the Orb drives? The Orb is a $200.00 external scsi device that utilizes
> > 3.2 gig removeable cartridges which cost around $30.00.

I've got the internal IDE version.  I haven't had any issues on it under
Linux, though I'm having an occasional bit of strangeness when Win98 boots
up, and it locks (per bootlog) at 'Enumerating Tapesupport', and as the
Orb is my only removable device, I'd have to guess it's that.

It's actually a 2.2GB media.  Issues in Linux are they it doesn't handle
the Eject command.  Linux sees it as being just another harddrive.
There's a site devoted to using the Orb in Linux at:

http://www.nexuscomputing.com/linuxorb/

Michael Vieths
Foeclan@Winternet.Com