Re: [TCLUG:15425] Laptops that run Win98 and Linux

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Troy Johnson wrote:

> Dear *LUG People,
>
> I need to buy some laptops that will be running Win98 initially, but
> should (IMO) be running Linux eventually. With those things in mind, are
> there any suggestions?

I've been really impressed with the couple of older Toshiba's we just
picked up.  They're pretty seamless to get Linux running on, and are
pretty ergonomic.  I know everyone is going to start yelling VAIO, though.

Also, the zipslack distro is a good way to make the translation from Wxx
to Linux, because it uses the UMSDOS fs, and you don't have to
repartition.

But you probably knew all that...

Phil M
--