Re: [TCLUG:16986] upgrading Debian

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Andrew S. Zbikowski wrote:

> Anytime my NIC didn't work on install it was because I had gone from
> Windows to DOS mode and then started the installer. Botting to Safe mode
> command prompt only worked though. Kinda wierd, but that's windows for ya.

It's good practice to do a *cold* reboot before trying to install an OS
other than Windows. Windows doesn't like to give up control of hardware
properly. This is especially a problem with anything PnP
(including anything PCI). Bootable CDs are even better than a
safe-mode-command-prompt-only boot. *hugs cheapbytes.com*

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock