Re: [TCLUG:18255] Maxtrox and Linux

> I went to Matrox's web site looking for more info. The have a feedback form
> for questions not answered in the faq. Part of the form requires you to select
> which OS are you working with, linux is not even listed!
>
> This makes me want to look for another vendor.

That site needs some MAJOR help. I just got a Maxtor 46 gig HD from
compgeeks.com. Spent most of Friday in a futile effort to get it
installed. The "online help guide" was pretty useless. It neglected to
warn me that their EZ-BIOS install-help-thingy would completely torch the
master boot record of my machine. It won't even let me boot off a floppy.
Suffice to say the HD is going back.

l8r
Joe Laha
yyrkoon@arioch.org