Re: [TCLUG:22137] Linux laptop questions

> Sony rocks. I've got a VAIO PCG-F390; Bob has the F590.. both of 'em are
> great.

Did you buy them directly from Sony?

I presume you guys installed Linux on these yourself, right?

If so, did you blow away the pre-installed Windows that came on them?
Assuming that I have to buy a copy of Windows with the machine, I'd
like to keep it, so I can watch DVD movies, :-).  Do you know if I'd
have to re-install Windows (along with whatever VAIO-specific drivers
and utilitiies come on it) in order to do this, or do you suppose I
could get Sony to partition the disk for me and install Windows on one
partition, leaving the other one for Linux?

--Mark