Re: [TCLUG:23192] MP3s on Debian

> I remember that Monty (I forget his full name -- the guy that did most
> of the work on Vorbis) noted in an interview once that people don't
> necessarily go for the best thing.  There are plenty of people using Zip

But blade is terrible*. Lame beats it in every possible way. Speed,
quality, features, copyright baggage.

Sorry, just sick of seeing so many terrible mp3s floating around on
napster. *coughcough* Though I'm pretty sure Xing is to blame for the
really* terrible ones. Early Xing is unbelievably bad. And of course is
integrated into tons of apps. Which is where people not going for the
best thing, but the easiest thing comes in...