Re: [TCLUG:21132] RE: Free NS & name Registry

* Kevin Erickson (Kevin.Erickson@noridian.com) [000908 12:52]:
> I wouldn't use granitecanyon. I've had nothing but problems on and off for
> the last 6 months. I've had very good luck with www.centralinfo.net however.
> They offer free secondary services.
>
> The other thing I've been considering for "low-end" domain hosting is to
> just use register.com as the authoritative DNS server. If you register the
> domain through register.com, I believe the DNS hosting is free, with a web
> interface to edit records, etc.
>
> Kevin

    I don't use granitecanyon.com, I just knew they existed ;). My needs
haven't reached the point of needing an internet available dns server (im
firewalled/nated on my current DSL connection, and let me just say I love
the new speed! :)). I keep adding more stuff though, and may eventually
reach the point of needing external servies, in which case I'll keep
centralinfo in mind. Anyway, enough rambling, I'm just saying I can't
comment on granitecanyon's service, as I've never used it. I'm currently
using dhs.org as a domain provider with wildcards, which works for me for
now.

--
Michael Osterlie
mosterlie@visi.com