RE: [TCLUG:101] install / reinstall ...

Guess I am sane.

I tried what you'all suggested and came up with the same results as before.
So I ordered a copy of RHL, which I need anyway, and will do a reinstall.
Uninstalling Lilo must of changed more than what I thought was a boot
manager uninstall, things that I do not understand.

<<<  to boot a system with a rescue disk, just rawrite the resuce.img (or
whatever)
rebot with the disk in the drive, then you should get a boot prompt "boot:"
then just just startup the load of the kernel off the resuce disk with

boot: mount root=/dev/hd(whatever) ro

that will startup your system, just as lilo would normally, only it uses the
kernel off the floppy, and not off your HD.. then once you have your system
up
just run "lilo" from anywhere, and boom.. your back in business

really easy :) >>>

# lilo: not found nor /sbin/lilo or /bin/lilo ;-(

I couldn't find /etc/lilo.conf either.

<<<  When I installed RedHat, I just went in to the /etc/lilo.conf file and
changed it to point to /vmlinuz, so then a 'make dep; make clean; make
zlilo; reboot' works perfectly.. (er..  I keep the reboot out, tho..)  >>>

Thanks Mike, I'll do that with my next install.

<<< try using fsdext2 from win95 to snag your kernel, if u hafta. >>>

Josh that is a riot, mount a kernel in Win95 - this I'll have to play with.

Enjoy,
Jeff