Re: [TCLUG:144] Microsoft invented the GUI! (was: Re: Meeting Minutes)

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Larry Greenwald wrote:

> And Apple ripped their GUI off Xerox Palo Alto.

The idea of the GUI came from Xerox PARC, as everyone knows. It was Apple
that evolved and developmed the idea to where we know it today, and
Apple's GUI is still irrefutably the best.

<side note>
Please don't people think that I'm an Apple loyalist; I happen to think
the company is run like shit, the OS is meeting its limitations, and that
Apple's own products (i.e., not the processors) are mostly crap,
specifically the monitors and printers. Apple the company deserves to die,
but their innovations remain unmatched, and that is my point.
</note>

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerfire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/