X Windows Control Panel

I hope I'm posting to the right place.  I have Redhat 5 installed on a
server for a small network I have here at home.  I also use samba for my
Win95 box and netatalk for my Mac.  I still consider myself kind of a newbe,
even though I have made this mess work.  The problem I'm having is with the
Control Panel in X-windows.  Some of the functions, such as the printer
config tool and the file system tool don't work anymore.  I've done a 'ps
ef' and see that there are zombie processes started each time I try to run
one of the non-functioning tools.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for to fix this?  I hate to have
to reinstall or even reboot, because 'top' says "up 13 days" :-)

Are there any command line tools to do the same functions?  I usually don't
have X-windows running, and it would be nice not to have to start it up just
to do some simple configuration.

Barry White            barry@pinenet.com
Pine City, MN, USA     http://www.pinenet.com/~barry