Re: [TCLUG:224] RE: LUG - bash error and fat32

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Ben Kochie wrote:

> hahahha.. Slackwarian.. i like it..

:)

> you really don't have to specify the format when you use mount.. modern mount
> detects the type.

How modern is modern? My Red Hat 4.2 system gives me the pooh-pooh when I
don't specify type. At least it did 7 months ago, which was the last time
I tried it...

> one more not for people.. i normally remove MSDOS support from my kernel, but
> turn vfat on.. vfat works with both MSDOS, and real vfat drives.. i prefer it
> because it stores caps properly, and it does long file names

Hey, that's a good trick! Cool.

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerfire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/