TCLUG Meeting Notes, plus some extra..

Well, I put together my meeting notes for the June 6th meeting..  They
aren't as pretty as last month's, but I guess we didn't talk about
specific commands.

Anyway, it probably reads more like a news report than anything else,
but hopefully it's more interesting that way (and informative, too..)

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hick0088/news/tclug-06061998.html

By the way, I have to recommend that you take a look at at least some of
the GNOME stuff..  It's kind of a pain to upgrade (so, perhaps you
shouldn't look at it..), but otherwise pretty interesting.

Also, I discussed the idea of a secure POP3 connection with a few of you
who stayed late yesterday.  I set up a secure connection for my system
by using this command line:

To use this, I had to disable the POP3 server on my own system (which I
never used anyway), as the command redirects the local POP3 port (110)
through ssh and out to the POP3 port on the server.  Also, in
Communicator, I had to change my incoming mail server to 'localhost'

Anyway, it works for me, although there may be some bugs in it...

Mike Hicks
--
You are not dead yet.  But watch for further reports.