Re: [TCLUG:361] Re: Fwd: [TCLUG:352] Promoting Linux to businesses

Face it, it's a conspiracy.  Micro$oft is out to take over the world.
Just look how NBC is proudly stating that they are "home of the Olympics
for the next _10 years_".  We all know they're in bed together.  We can
bitch all we want or we can let it go and try to spend our time
constructively to make Linux a better OS.

I checked out Westlaw, only 95/NT software...imagine that.  But I know
that they run UNIX boxes behind some of it.  We should be happy that
hidden away in those data centers, in the places most people never see,
where the _real_ work gets done, is some flavor of UNIX.  I'm just happy
to have Linux to help me do my job, which is to work on those big UNIX
boxes.  I'd be lost without Linux.  I can't count the number of times
it's come through for me.

As far as apps go, there's always gonna be those hard to find apps.  I
guess you can't please everyone all of the time.  Eventually some of
those more obscure apps will surface.  Hang in there and keep the faith.

--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26