RADSL

I made a lot of calls about RADSL last night, with the end result being
my signing up for it and with an ISP other than USWest.  Here's the info
I collected for anyone interested:

ISP			Static IP  Install$  Monthly$  Server$[1]  DNS$[2]
MinnNet 338-8863	   No        ?-->
MultiCorp 665-0203	   No        ?-->
US West         	   No        ?-->
Orbis 603-9030             Yes       $89        $29       ??
$50/yr.
Sihope 829-9667		   Yes       ??         $30       $25/mo    $10/mo
Sound Internet 847-6823	   Yes	     $0         $20       $19/mo    $50 1
time

I called a lot of others that had dynamic IPs, but just didn't bother
getting info from them.  I did end up going with SiHope mostly because
the person I spoke to there (Eric) really knew his stuff, their shop has
a lot of Linux, and they're just in general very Linux friendly.

Here then will be my total cost for this thing:

One Time:	US West Setup 	$110
One Time:	Domain Hosting	$50
One Time:	InterNIC	$70 ($35 subsequent years)
Monthy:		DSL @ 256K	$40
Monthy:		ISP		$40

Also, a word of warning.  I've heard a lot of ISPs say that their
customers who signed up and requested an ISP other than US West we're
"slammed" and signed up anyway by US West.

[1] W/o the server price paid a fire wall blocks incomming connections
[2] To serve as a primary/secondary Domain host as registered with
InterNIC

--
Ry4an Brase - http://acm.cs.umn.edu/~ry4an - 612-623-9946
'If you're not a rebel when you're 20 you've got no heart; if