DNS issues

Previously, I had one domain name (kerowyns-haven.com) and had my ISP
handle the DNS setup.  I decided that I wanted to handle the DNS stuff
myself so I setup my Linux machine to be a name server.  I created a
host record at InterNic and changed the record for kerowyns-haven.com
to use spot.kerowyns-haven.com as the first name server and listed my
ISP as the secondary name server.

Everything seem to be working fine.  The additional hosts that I added
that my ISP didn't implement (ftp and mail) are resolving when I do a
ping from work.

My problem is that recently I registered a new domain name called
haveonline.com which is going to be an alternate address for us.  I
created another database file for havenonline.com and added the
appropriate line to the named.boot file.  I restarted named and
received no errors in my messages log file.

It is now several days after I made the additions and when I do a ping
to mail.havenonline.com, I get a host name mail.havenonline.com NOT
FOUND message.  I can ping the IP for this name and get a response.

My TTL setting is set to one day.  Any ideas on what could be going
wrong?  I can post my database files here if needed.  Is there
something my ISP has to do?

Thanks!

Jen