Re: [TCLUG:522] Newbie alert!

At 06:46 PM 7/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Sometime around the 4th of July in 1998, the wannabe 3|173 h4ck3r Paul
Kammueller sed:

>> Heh heh.  No, I don't mean it that way.  I guess I just prefer to solve
>> a problem without running around town and taking apart the computer to
>> do it if possible, it's just easier for me.  Though I guess it would be
>> a good excuse to run over to your friend's place and drink his beer :-)
>
>Oh, ok. I don't even consider reinstalling a viable option. There MUST be
>a way to fix a problem without that (or you're doing something wrong ;)

For the completely experimental nature of my Linux desktop PC, I consider
reinstalling a learning experience that provides me with additional
knowledge.  Really in this case it proved to be the least convoluted
workaround necessary.  If I were doing this for a living and there was
critical information involved, I would have never considered
reinstallation.  I feel comfortable saying that this will be my last
install for a very long time.

When is the meeting?  Any other activities other than the meeting scheduled
anytime soon?

Brian Seppanen
seppanen@pconline.com