Re: [TCLUG:607] Mixing Alphas and x86s

> How much of a load can you fairly expect the Alpha to handle. Let's say
> you've got 30 workstations on the network. What kind of performance could
> you expect if you had 30 copies of Netscape running simultaneously on the
> server?
>
> Would it be possible to compile apps on the x86 machines and then copy
> them to the server and run them from there?
>
> -Tim

I think compiling the apps on a x86 and then putting them on the server is your
best bet. Netscape comes as binaries, so you don't even need to compile that.
Just throw it on your server and export that directory. Running 30 instances of
Netscape remotely causes excess network traffic which will slow things down as
bit.

Clay

** Clayton T. Fandre      cfandre@minn.net       **
Key fingerprint =  80 8C 43 89 C3 DB 80 4F  3F F1 90 28 2B 9B 22