RE: [TCLUG:712] Linux Conference Your Invited

Well.. I'm up for an official booth for the TCLUG, i can provide my machine, to
demonstrate may pieces of software and other linux goodies.  i'll see about
getting a half day off to attend.

ideas for demo:

web server, apache
linuxconf config system
serial terminals
web client, netscape
staroffice 4.0
quake (I/II)
print serving, and file serving to a win95 client
linux for laptops

make sure we have a local copy of the TCLUG web page

On 21-Jul-98 timburke wrote:
> The Bryan Sparks talk is now a Linux conference to be held at Hennepin
> Technical College.
> This link is the virtual invitation
>
> http://www.donnalgroup.com/Linux/YourInvited.htm
>
> By billing this as a conference and inviting participants to show how
> Linux is a real
> solution for business, hopefully we can increase the awareness among
> business owners,
> IT management and others who would like to find solutions that work and
> are affordable.
> The schedule includes an afternoon session, refreshment, network and
> demo session; followed up
> with an evening session.
>
> Hopefully you can invite your boss or anyone else you think would
> benefit from a conference
> such as this. You also can forward on this URL for them to receive the
> virtual invitation or
> use the "Invite Guest"  link on the page for a printed copy of the
> invitation to be sent.
>
> If you have a particular application(s) running on Linux and would like
> to show/demo during
> the break out session, please let me know. There are IP connections
> which will
> be available to reach the Internet.
>
> Your comments, and suggestions are welcome. We want to help move the
> Linux OS into the local
> spotlight during August. With the help and support of all interested
> parties we will succeed
> in Linuxizing Minnesota and the upper Midwest.
>
> Tim Burke   mailto:timburke@donnalgroup.com
> Donnal Group Inc.  URL http://www.donnalgroup.com
> Phone 612-474-7785
> Fax 612-474-7793

TTYL,
        Ben Kochie (ben@intexp.com)

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.
                                        -Scott Adams

To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
feature-poor toys.
                                        -How to tell an Engineer