Re: [TCLUG:759] Adaptec AHA2940U2W

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Eric Hillman wrote:

>      Yes, the 2940U2W is Ultra 2 Wide, and apparently it is not presently
> supported.  Adaptec is supposed to be working closer with the Linux
> community, but their website only says they are "researching an agreement to
> provide information to Linux programmers" or somesuch vagueness.  In other
> words, not today, probably not tomorrow, but maybe next week...

Well, that's suck-tastic. I bought BusLogic happily instead of Adaptec,
because BusLogic supports the Linux user community. I've had no problems,
unless you count really fast performance. :)

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/