Printing troubles.

Well, I had my printer working at one point under the 2.1.99 kernel.
Recently, I've been having trouble with lpr. everytime I try to print I
get the following message:
  lpr: unable to get official name for local machine

I boot up with my printer on and the parport probe detects it correctly.

I load the lp module as follows:
  insmod lp parport=1,0

and have the following append statement in lilo.conf
  append = "parport=0x3bc parport=0x378,auto"

my printcap file consists of these two lines (where mono and color are
filters which call ghostscript and pass it some information)
  lp|dj|mono:lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd:mx%0:if=/etc/mono:sh
  lp|djc|color:lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd:mx%0:if=/etc/color:sh

I also have a parallel port zip drive in between my printer and port.
Although, there is power running to it and the ppa module is not loaded so
this shouldn't affect the printer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Hans