ADSL service

Hi,

I've got a 768 ADSL set for installation shortly from US West. I'd prefer not to use their ISP service (they're charging $59.95 for a static IP on top of the ADSL charge).

Does anyone know of any other reliable providers in the area that are Linux friendly that will offer ADSL with a static IP for less? Or even a comparable price? (I REALLY dislike the phone company!)

I seemed to remember a post to this list on the subject, but I couldn't find anything in the mailing list archives.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Shannon Moon