Re: [TCLUG:886] speaking of web stuff

Sometime around the 11st of August in 1998, a certain Bob Tanner said:

> PhP is cool, but I like GSP (http://www.bitmechanic.com/gsp) better.
> More of less it lets you embed java code right in your html, the first
> time you hit the page is is a little slow since the JVM must compile
> your code, but after that it is just as fast as any other normal html
> page. Of course with Java you get JDBC, truly OOP, etc.
>
> GSP needs to be run with the Apache module JServ, which is a project
> that is trying to bring a Servlet compliant engine to Apache
> (http://java.apache.org). I just finished the port to Apache 1.3.1 for
> JServ and GSP.

I love the JServ module, because it means I don't hafta code in C or perl
=).  I haven't gotten the module to compile with whatever apache version
I've got right now, probably because I'm too lazy to track down a stupid
little problem.

What's the difference between using what you described of GSP, above
(which I've never used) and using the <SERVLET> tag with JServ ?

--
| Josh Becker                   - aka -                     JellyD |