Re: [TCLUG:932] Boot Problems

Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Chris Muller (cmuller@avsgroup.com):
> > I've just encountered a problem which I've never even heard of before.
> > When booting, the system goes into a forced fsck and then returns this
> > error "DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error".  Then it gives me the
> > ...run fsck manually...Control-D to boot normally... at which point I
> > put in my root password and attempt to run fsck manually.  This then
> > produces inode errors which I cannot get past.  I've never had anything
> > like this ever before and I'm completely clueless about what to do.
> > Could any of you gurus please help?
> >

> Sounds like a bad drive crash. Or a possible bad controllor card.
>
> What are the inode errors?
>
> Worse comes to worse you can set fsck to use another superblock and
> try it from there.

Well, now it doesn't even get to the fsck problem.  Now it starts with
the LILO and hangs there.  This is starting to feel more and more like a
hardware problem.  Has anyone heard of RH 5.0 having problems on a
Compaq Deskpro 2000?  It's got a Quantum Bigfoot 2550A hard drive.
--
Thanks,
Chris Muller