Re: [TCLUG:945] 3c509 module fails to load

I have an interesting problem for anyone who has used the tulip
drivers on
a DEC 21140 knockoff NIC running Red Hat 4.2. I have two plugged into
a 10/100
Bay Networks 252 hub that is uplinked to an older 10 MB hub (don't
ask
why, it is temporary and I am not in control). The hub will
auto-detect the
speed of a link, but was designed to run at 10MB or 100MB. I would
like it
to run at 10MB (since the upstream link is 10MB, and the internet is

upstream), and it does, along with the 3C905b card (after some
configuration)
in another box connected to it.
The DEC based NICs do not respond to configuration attempts using the
lame
utilities that came with them, and the tulip.o module loads with
option=12,12
(telling it to choose 10MB half-duplex for it's line speed), but the
hub still shows
that it wants to be a 100MB card. Are there any easy solutions out
there?

:)

Troy