RE: [TCLUG:1011] distributed.net

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Eric Hillman wrote:

> > I'm eab@msi.umn.edu with over 2500 blocks so far,
> > 383 kKeys/sec
> >
> > http://rc5stats.distributed.net/cgi/emsummary.idc?EM=eab@msi.umn.edu
> >
> > I'd be glad to join a tclug team.
> >

> 	Y'know, I almost forgot I was participating in this thing -- come to think
> of it, I've got a brand-new 433MhZ server I ought to be putting to work on
> this thing.
>
> 	So far, I don't actually belong to a team, so I could be up for joining
> one.
>
> 	For the curious, my stats-to-date are at:
>
> 	http://rc5stats.distributed.net/cgi/emsummary.idc?EM=ehillman@cccu.com

I've tried these clients on a couple of machines running at the lowest
priority, and people complain up and down how things are slow.  I take
them off and people stop complaining.  I was thinking of doing something
where they only ran after hours, but haven't taken the time...

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com