Re: [TCLUG:1116] how to nuke Linux from HD

Tim Wilson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been experimenting with some of my Compaqs at school, and I need to
> install Win95 on one of them for some Samba testing. I've got a bootable
> Win95 floppy, and everything seems to boot OK. When I try to fdisk the
> drive so I can reformat for Linux, I can't erase the Linux swap partition.
> I can nuke the regular ext2 partition though.

Make sure swap partition isn't in use at the time you try to remove it.
I usually run fdisk single user mode.

as root:  swapoff /dev/hda_   (where "_" is partition number)

Now continue with linux fdisk.
--
Scot W. Jenkins <swjenkins@ibm.net>
Key fingerprint = 82 20 A8 4E 46 82 CE D4  F6 77 58 59 46 92 28 26