RE: [TCLUG:1164] kernel won't detect serial port

	[Schlough, Mark]
	You may want to try
	"cat /proc/interrupts " and "cat /proc/ioports"
	This should tell you which ports are being used, and are recognized
by Linux.

	Do you have a symlink from /dev/modem to /dev/cua2 (assuming COM3)
if you don't I suggest you do that too.

	Hope this helps you on your way.

	Mark Schlough